The SESAR Innovation Days are the main vehicle for SESAR to share progress and disseminate results of its innovative research programme. With the transition from SESAR Workpackage E (long-term and innovative research) to SESAR 2020 ER (Exploratory Research) the 2016 SIDs will see a mix of mature research projects presenting their final results and new projects, recently started, presenting their approach and first results. In addition to disseminating results of SESAR research projects, papers and posters are invited in an open call for contributions.
The 6th edition of the SESAR Innovation Days will be hosted by Technical University of Delft, The Netherlands, from 8 – 10 November 2016. The SESAR Innovation Days will include technical paper sessions, keynote presentations, panel sessions, together with exhibits and poster sessions, thus providing an ideal forum for networking. In particular we seek contributions from the wider ATM research community through this open call.
Call for Contributions
Researchers from universities, research institutions, airlines, air traffic service providers and industry are invited to submit papers (limited to 8 pages) presenting the results of their long-term or innovative research within the areas of interest listed below. Papers will be evaluated based on the innovative nature of the ideas, as well as the approach and methods applied.
Areas of interest include:
• Safety and security in a highly automated environment
• Automation, robotics and autonomy
• Human factors and decision support tools
• Designing resilient ATM systems
• Uncertainty, applied modelling and optimization techniques
• CNS technical enablers
• Complexity, data science and information management
• Application of economics to facilitate a paradigm shift in ATM
• Enabling change, including legal and regulatory aspects and the ATM innovation process
• Innovative approaches in environment and meteorology
• Remotely-piloted aerial systems
• ATM operations, architecture and performance
• Optimised ATM network management
• High performing airport operations
• Advanced air traffic services
Authors are requested to upload their contributions on EasyChair; for details about the paper submission process please see the conference website. All papers and presentations (including SESAR contributions) will be triple peer-reviewed to ensure high standards are maintained. The proceedings will be available for download in electronic form on the event website prior to the event. All SIDs papers are listed in Elsevier’s Scopus database.
The submission deadline is 12th September and notification of acceptance will be made by 12th October. Download the Call for Contributions here
For all enquiries please contact email@example.com